Apkaabazar is one of the growing online shopping websites that aims to provide a seamless and less expensive shopping experience to the online shoppers. The feature that makes Apkaabazar.com different from other online marketing forums is the fact that it brings in various deals, offers, and discounts on a variety of items from multiple online shopping websites in a single platform. Ashish Sharma and Shristi Sharma started Apkaabazar.com in 2017 that offers its customers a variety of products to choose from like latest trending fashionable dresses, apparels, accessories for men, women, children, and babies, beauty products, electronic and its accessories, household and novelty products, home decor products, furniture, travel and luggage items and its accessories, books, gifts, health and medical supplies and groceries. One such online shopping marketplace that Apkaabazar showcases on its platform is TataCliq. What is TataCliq?
Started in 2016 TataCliq is part of the Tata group that has become one of the top 10 fastest growing e-commerce websites in the country. This reflects the fact that it is an online shopping website that people are focusing on to buy their products. The categories under which a customer can shop in TataCliq are Women and Men's wear, Appliances, Electronics, Watches & Accessories, Jewellery, Footwear, and Kids. TataCliq provides brands that are exclusive to this online company. They also have the TataCliq Luxury section in which they provide Indian and international luxury brands to their customers online.
It is also the first online store to give the customers the option of collecting their products from TataCliq's partner online stores across the country. With their brand networking, TatCliq is able to provide a seamless online shopping experience to their customers with the reassurance that they always had from buying products from a physical store. Why Go Online To Shop?
Today purchasing almost everything online is gradually becoming the norm of the day. While there are some sectors that have been able to create a vast online market for itself there are still certain businesses and categories that have not been able to make much impact online. But going by the trend and the fact that most of the millennial population is resorting to online shopping, retailers, business owners, and organisations need to form tactics to augment the online purchase of their products.
In 2017 KPGM conducted a market survey and research to understand the reasons that consumers prefer to shop online rather than in-store. The report was a document of 40 pages that showcased different factors, which influences the groups like Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Millenials to shop online. Here is a list of reasons from high to low that customers prefer to shop online:
1. Anytime shopping: 58% said they like the fact that they can shop 24/7, 365 days a week. Shoppers do not have to wait for a shop to open or for transportation, one can shop anytime of the day and from anywhere.
2. Compare brands: 54% responded that their preference for online shopping is due to the opportunity to compare prices of different brands in one place. Many shops do not keep the product of multiple brands and even if they do keep it does not compare to the numerous numbers that online shops do, hence the shopper has more choice of brands online than in a store.
3. Cheaper and better: 46% prefer that online shopping have better prices and online sales. Most of the online stores do away with the overhead costs of keeping up a store, as a result, they are in a better position to give products at a cheaper rate than a physical store. Also, most online shops put products at sale and discounts more often than a physical shop.
4. Time saver: 40% like online shopping because it helps them to save time. That is as a shopper you do not have to make some special time to shop rather you can do it at your convenience. Even you can multitask, that does not dedicate a special time for shopping only if you are strapped for time.
5. Comfort of home: 39% of the online shopping customers revealed that the convenience of not going to the shops is one of the major factors for their preference on shopping online. With the traffic and getting ready to go out shopping at times can be quite daunting, so the opportunity to shop from home in your PJs is quite lucrative for many.
6. Variety: 29% said the fact that they have a greater variety of products to select from influence their proclivity for online shopping. Since most of the online shops keep different brands and try to cater to a wide range of customers the choices and the variety they offer is far more than a physical shop can provide for a particular item.
7. Free shipping: 29% likes online shopping because after buying products for a certain amount or for certain products free shipping is offered. Most online shops give their customers the opportunity to avail free shipping. This result into the fact that as a customer you do not have to carry the shopping bags home rather get it delivered on your doorstep.
8. One place for everything: 27% revealed that the convenience of finding almost everything in one place influences their choice of shopping online. Mainly online stores like TataCliq provides customers with a range of items to select from, i.e. there are several departments that cater to the various needs of the customers.
9. Easy item locator: 20% said that with online shopping it is easier to locate hard find items in the online stores without having to ask for it. As a customer, you do not get hassled or have to wait for the shopkeeper or the assistant to show you the items that you want. If a physical shop does not have an item that you are looking for often the shopkeeper will pester you to take the other one, whereas with online shopping you can locate the item yourself and decide on it.
10. No crowd to deal with: 15% like online shopping because it allows them to avoid the crowd. Depending on the time or the day one needs to shop often when it is crowded, online shopping provides the option to the buyer to avoid the crowd.
11. Get rare products: 15% of consumers said with online shopping they can get products that are either not sold in their city or country. Since online shopping caters to a variety of customers they often stock products that are not available in the local market or even at times in the country. A customer can purchase such items online.
12. No checkout queue: 11% like the experience of shopping online as it allows them to avoid the checkout queue. Why Shop at TataCliq?
While there are several online shopping marketplaces that offers a wide range of variety at a discounted rate but there are several factors that make TataCliq special. Despite being in the market for only a bit over two years they are giving online shops run for their money as customers are very much flocking towards TataCliq, here are some the reasons why one should be shopping at TataCliq:
Brand focussed: It does not focus on having a large seller base but having an exclusive brand and only brand-authorised sellers. Though they do offer discounts, however, it is not as lucrative as other similar online shops but TataCliq’s USP is based on the fact that they provide value-added services to electronic customers.
Only authorised re-sellers: TataCliq does not cater to everything but whatever they sell is authorised and there is no fake. This is possible because the online marketplace vets the re-sellers and take on-board only that are authorised by the brand that TataCliq sells.
Market research: TataCliq conducts their own market research to understand the customer’s needs and partners with the brands accordingly.
Focus on exclusivity: At TataCliq a customer will find more of exclusive brands rather than private. There are private brands that are made by brands like Westside and such that are exclusively for TataCliq.
Better shopping experience: The interface of TataCliq is such that the shopping experience is personalised as the filtration is of the higher level whereas a customer you will have the option to narrow down your search to your liking.
Phygital: TataCliq is the first in India to introduce the real omnichannel experience that is combining physical and digital marketing.
Omnichannel experience: With electronic products mainly TataCliq gives the option to its customer to click and collect the item from their partner store and can be returned either online or at the store. The customer also has the option of getting it delivered at home after purchasing it.
All these factors make TataCliq special compared to other online shopping portals. At Apkaabazar a customer can enjoy all the discounts and the special rates and offers that TataCliq offers to its customers without searching for it online and under each department.