It’s said that each of us gets one big day in our lives; for some of us, it’s their wedding day, for others the day they get their PhD or the day their first child is born. While these are all noble pursuits, for others like yours truly, the biggest day of our lives is October 10th AKA the day both Amazon and Flipkart are launching their big festive sales (prime members, the date for you is Oct 9th).
Both E-commerce giants have hinted at huge sales and with just days to go, here are the highlights of each sale.
Amazon Great Indian Festival
The international giant is offering huge discounts on products from the 10th to the 15th of October. While, everything ranging from household appliances, books, accessories, home decor to clothes will be sold for significantly reduced prices, the sales that have been most advertised have got to be on mobiles and other electronics.
Get Smart while Buying Smartphones
- The OnePlus 6 base variant with 64GB internal storage will be available for Rs29,999, a whopping Rs5,000 less than its MRP of Rs 34,999.
- The Vivo V9 will be available for a reduced amount of Rs 17,990.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 for Rs 42,990.
- The Honor Play for Rs 18,999 and the Honor 7X at Rs 9,999.
- Even the Huawei P20 Pro will dip below the Rs 60,000 price bracket.
- The Redmi Y2 will be available for Rs 2000 below its MRP at Rs 8,999
- Believe it or not but the iPhone’s will be going on sale too, that too with an exchange offer.
One of Amazon’s biggest baits for shopper’s this year is their promise of one-time free screen replacement on all smartphones sold during the festival sale.
This Diwali, get ready to be at your fashionista best, that too on a budget! Amazon will be offering upto 90% off on clothes with more than 50,000 pieces going on sale for the very first time. And, in addition to doing your shopping at ridiculously discounted rates, you will also get a flat 15% cashback on Amazon fashion during the festival.
Special Payment Offers
Just in case the discounted prices weren’t attractive enough, Amazon has made shopping all the more irresistible with a bunch of varied payment offers. You can choose from a number of credit and debit card options, but paying with an SBI card will get you another 10% off.
Debit card EMI on Amazon, check your eligibility
Also, adding Rs 3,000 or more balance to your Amazon Pay will earn you an additional pay balance of Rs 300. Amazon is also offering over 5 crore products at no cost EMI.
Flipkart’s Big Billion Days Sale
Flipkart may have Amitabh Bachchan endorsing their big sale, but with the prices they are offering, we hardly need him to tell us “Kaun Banega Crorepati” because it’s definitely going to be Flipkart with all the money we’ll be throwing their way. While Flipkart usually keeps its deals under covers until the big day, this year it’s been a little different with the Walmart backed company revealing a lot of major deals in advance.
Smartly Bought Smartphones Bring Joy to Our Hearts
- The Honour 10 will be available for Rs 24,999, a landslide from its MRP of Rs 32,999 and what’s more is that you will also get a 50% buyback value on it. Keeping on the Honor train, the Honor 7A will be sold at a grab-and-go price of Rs 7,999 and the Honor 9i at Rs 12,999.
- The Lenovo K8 Plus will be seeing a price slash of Rs Rs 4,000 and will be available for Rs 6,999
- The Oppo A71 at Rs 6,990.
- The Moto Z2 Play at Rs 9,999 and Moto X4 for Rs 10,999.
Not one to be left behind, Flipkart will be offering 50-80% off on clothing with around 15 lakh styles of clothing, footwear, and accessories in its arsenal. There will products from brands like Puma, Benetton, Adidas and more.
Special Payment Offers
The Flipkart Big Billion Days sale is sponsored by Mastercard and while it hasn’t been revealed yet, it is likely that Mastercard holders will receive special discounts on purchases. What we do know is that, on making a purchase using HDFC cards, you will get an extra 10% off. As with Amazon, Flipkart too will be offering No Cost EMI.
We don’t know about you, but we can hardly wait for the 10th to arrive and we’re sitting, credit cards at the ready and all our inhibitions forgotten.