India has a market that has enormous opportunities. Since this is an era of digitization, many technology start-ups have entered the Indian market to attract the audience online. The development of the online food ordering system has resulted in the emergence of food technical start-ups. Zomato and Swiggy are India’s popular food delivery applications that have completely transformed the fashion consumers dine. The biggest advantage of Zomato and Swiggy is that it saves a lot of time for the user. Besides this, it also helps in improving the business of the restaurants registered with it. The application also provides you the opportunity to add reviews and view them so that you can order a perfect meal for yourself. The Zomato offers applicable on certain orders also helps customers in saving a lot of money.
Let us see how we can register our restaurants with zomato and swiggy:
Zomato is an international company that operates in 24 countries. Zomato's business model is based on the advertisement of different restaurants on its mobile application and website. The company allows the restaurants tied with them to have a better reach to customers and helps them in expanding their business. The registration with Zomato and Swiggy helps the restaurants to gain more customers and grow their business.
Eligibility to Be a Partner with Zomato
Before tying up with Zomato, a restaurant should have the following documents:
- To register with the food delivery app in India, LLP Registration is required.
- An FSSAI Licence or Registration is required that depends on your business nature and size.
- GST Registration and Shop Act Licence are also required.
All the registrations and Licence should be obtained before moving to the next step.
How to Register Your Restaurant on Zomato?
To register your restaurant on Zomato two processes are required:
- First of all, add your restaurant to Zomato Listing
- Secondly, acquire a registration on Zomato for Business application.
Adding Restaurant on Zomato
To add your restaurant on Zomato, do the following steps:
- Go on the link Add Restaurant. After clicking on it, a registration form will appear. Fill the registration form with necessary details like restaurant name, city, phone number, etc.
- Click on Add Restaurant to add your restaurant to Zomato listing.
Once you fill the form and submit it, a Zomato officer or executive will visit your restaurant to collect important documents from you like your PAN Card, Copy of FSSAI license and your Aadhar Card. He will also take some pictures of your restaurant. After the verification process, your restaurant will be added to the Zomato listing.
Register Your Restaurant with Zomato
For process number two follow the steps given below:
- Visit Zomato and click on Business App Link to get your restaurant registered for the Business App.
- Go to the search bar and search your restaurant in order to check if your restaurant is in Zomato listing or not.
If you find your restaurant on the Zomato listing then the next step is to click on the claim the listing. In case, you do not find your restaurant on the listing then repeat the steps mentioned under the heading adding Restaurant on Zomato above.
- When you successfully claim your restaurant on Zomato, scroll down to find a business page. There you will see a registration form.
- Fill the form with the necessary details like your phone number, restaurant name, city, and email address. Then click on the Submit button. For a business app, you can also contact Zomato on the number +91-8039654500.
- After you submit the form in order to be partners with Zomato, a Zomato executive will reach out to you in order to verify your details that you filled in the form. Once the verification is done, your business account will be activated.
Zomato Business Application
Follow the steps given below to use Zomato Business Application:
- You have to claim your listing in order to use Zomato Business Application.
- Download the application. Login with the same details you used while claiming your listing.
- You will now be able to manage your restaurant from your mobile application.
The registered restaurant will now get to do the following things:
- The restaurant head can get real time notifications and reviews of the customers on the food. You can easily answer the reviews too.
- You can manage your listings directly using your computer or smartphone.
- You can also promote your business and reach out to more customers using Zomato.
- You can even upload your menu through the app directly.
- You can also advertise the events that take place in your restaurants like food festivals and musical events on Zomato.
Of the total orders delivered by the restaurant, Zomato charges commission fees of 7% on it. Of course, the commission fees do not comprise delivery charges. The restaurants, which make fewer than 50 orders per week, their commission fees, is reduced to 2.99%. Besides this, a fee of Rs 99 is also levied as a platform charge.
To strengthen the business and get more and more orders, Zomato has stopped taking the commission fees from the restaurants, which cross more than 50 orders per week. For the restaurants that cross more than 500 orders, the platform fees is inversely proportional to the orders made.
Guidelines to Follow
- Restaurant Name: Customers generally search your restaurant by its name.
- The name of the restaurant on Zomato should be the same as the name of the restaurant on the board outside it.
- There is no need to mention the tagline of your restaurant on Zomato.
- Zomato does not accept abbreviations. You will have to mention the full name of your restaurant on Zomato.
- Restaurant address: You need to mention the correct address of your restaurant on Zomato because it guides the customer.
- The address of your restaurant should always be in an understandable format.
- Add only one landmark to avoid confusion. Avoid using abbreviations.
- Always remember not to add the name of other restaurants as a landmark. This will affect your business.
- If your restaurant is not on the ground floor, do not forget to mention the floor number on which your restaurant is located.
- Features of Restaurant: When you register your restaurant on zomato, mention the following features properly:
- A pure veg tag indicates the restaurant only serves vegetarian food to the customers.
- If you use a Smoking Area tag, it means that the restaurant has a separate smoking section for its customers.
- Happy Hours tag is for the restaurants that serve liquor on a discounted rate at some period of the day.
- The Wi-Fi tag shows that customers can use free Wi-Fi services in the restaurant.
- Business Hours: The business hours show the operational time of the restaurant that tells that the customers can make orders in those particular hours. You can use the filter “open at” to add the business hours.
- The app uses a 24-hour clock to add timings but displays the timings to its customers using a 12-hour clock.
- Zomato always adds timings during which you can dine in the restaurant. If you have different food delivery timings then Zomato can add custom delivery timings to your page. For this, you have to mail zomato at email@example.com
- Photos: The photographs give an idea to customers about the food, service, and ambience of your restaurant. The photographs have three types of shots that are Facade shots, Food shots, and Ambiance shots.
- Façade shots include the photographs of the exterior of the restaurant.
- Ambiance shots comprise the seating and lighting arrangement of your restaurant.
- Food shots include the photographs of delicacies that are prepared by your restaurant.
- Do not out the images of people.
- Put original photographs of the food, not from Google, as that would be the case of copyright infringement.
- Zomato currently accepts photographs in.JPEG and.PNG format.
- Zomato does not accept collage.
- Menus: It is necessary to add the menu to your restaurant. While adding a menu, keep the following instructions in mind:
- You can upload menu pages in dimensions 650x7oo pixels.
- Keep only the relevant portion of the menu on the page.
- Keep your menu in the order Appetizers, soups, main course, and desert.
- Always put the cost of dishes on the menu so that the customer knows how much he is spending on the order.
- New Listing: Zomato creates a new listing for your restaurant if there are changes in
Zomato has one prime advantage. Customers can use Zomato coupons from time to time to get off on their orders.
Many people are now registering to Swiggy because of its dedicated delivery employees. Let us see how we can register our restaurants with Swiggy.
The motto of swiggy is to provide food ordering and delivery options to its customers from the neighborhood restaurants. Swiggy aims at reaching out to the audience through its app.
Benefits of Partnership with Swiggy:
There are numerous benefits of becoming a partner with Swiggy. Some of the benefits are:
- It enables you to reach out to maximum customers thereby increasing your sales.
- You only have to set up a commercial place for your restaurant. There is no need to spend extra money on setting up an entire restaurant. Just register your commercial place on Swiggy and earn money.
- Swiggy will take care of delivering the food. You do not have to take an extra initiative to arrange a delivery person and vehicle for delivering the food.
How to be a Partner with Swiggy?
To be a partner with Swiggy, you gave to follow the steps given below:
- Before registration, you should have your restaurant's permanent address and the documents that verify the address.
- Open the website Swiggy.com. You will see a “Partner with Us” link at the bottom of the page. Click on the link.
- Fill the basic details like Contact number, restaurant name, Pin code, and State.
- Click on the submit button.
- After submitting, you have to fill the details like the number of outlets, area of your restaurant, types of cuisines served and cost of 2.
- You will also need copies of the license of your shop, GST number and your FSSAI License.
- You will also have to add the photographs of your restaurant, its kitchen, and dining in.JPEG format.
- Keep the hardcopy of the menu, take away bill and cancelled cheque with you.
- Once all the details are filed, a sales representative of Swiggy will visit you to sign an agreement.
- After 2 to 3 weeks, your restaurant will go live.
- You will receive a confirmation message by Swiggy either on your phone or on your email id.
- After the confirmation message, you can start receiving the orders.
Documents Required for the Registration
To be partners with Swiggy, you require the following documents:
- FSSAI Registration document
- PAN Card
- A cheque that is cancelled for registration with Swiggy
- GST Registration Form and all the tax details
- Full details of the owners.
Commission by Swiggy
Swiggy takes a commission of 15 to 25 % in the places where a restaurant is fresh to the people. It charges a commission of 16 % to each restaurant registered on Swiggy. It also takes a commission of 4-7% in order to promote any particular restaurant.
The Reason behind the Growth of Swiggy and Zomato
The top reasons behind the growth of Swiggy and Zomato are:
- The Convenience: The ease with which we can place an order on these food portals is amazing. With Zomato and Swiggy, we can place orders very conveniently without any hassle. Consumers can also save a lot using verified Swiggy Coupons on Swiggy.
- Growth of Smartphones: The basic reason behind the popularity of these apps is the availability of smartphones at affordable rates. Since the internet technology has also improved, the improved data services have also given a great boost to these applications.
- Techno Savy Marketing: Companies like zomato and Swiggy spend a huge amount of money just to get their marketing right. They market in different ways that attract customers like on TV, You Tube, etc.
- Easy payment: One of the biggest advantages of Swiggy and Zomato is the ease of payment. You can easily pay for your orders through credit cards, debit cards, and cash on delivery. There are no security issues on these food portals.
- Reviews: People are generally very choosy about restaurants. Every restaurant on Zomato and Swiggy has a review option on which people can easily add reviews about what they like or dislike in a restaurant. This helps other people to make an informed decision.
- Ever Increasing Options: There are millions of options to choose from Swiggy and Zomato. People love to try different restaurants and cuisines. All these advantages can be obtained via these popular food portals.
Advantages of being Partners with Zomato and Swiggy
There are several advantages of a partnership with Zomato and Swiggy. Some of the basic advantages are:
- No Delivery Issues: Managing delivery is always a hectic thing to do. Taking orders is also a hassling job. Zomato and Swiggy ease the things for you. The biggest advantage of these food selling apps is easy and timely delivery with no serious issues. They also provide a facility for tracking the orders. The increased customer satisfaction regarding the delivery of food has led to growth in the business of these apps.
- Reviews: Using Swiggy and Zomato, it becomes easy for customers to compare different restaurants based on customer reviews. The reviews help people to take better decisions.
- Customer Service as Priority: Since both Zomato and Swiggy have an order tracking option, it helps the customers to keep themselves updated about the status of their order. There are very rare cases of any issues or problems with food delivery. If such issues happen, the customers are compensated for the fault in the next order. For these food portals, customer service is the priority and they never keep it on stake.
- Huge Traffic: The popular food portals like Zomato and Swiggy encounter a lot of traffic on a daily basis. This is due to their efficient marketing techniques that they have become a brand and people trust them.
- Piggyback on Marketing: It is a bit perplexing to device a marketing strategy that works wonders for your restaurant. The strategy should focus on popularising your restaurant on all social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TV, Billboards, etc. Swiggy and Zomato spend a huge amount of money on marketing. We can say that these apps make us visible by having us on their platform and that is the reason they charge a high commission.
The above information tells us clearly why Zomato and Swiggy have a stronghold on the Indian Market. The Swiggy offers and Zomato Offers on various festivals also attract customers a lot. Their unbeatable marketing strategy has made them the number one food portals in India.