Summer vacation is the perfect time to go on a trip with your friends and family. Explore some of the beautiful travel destinations in India and enjoy your summer vacation to the fullest. India has a lot of tourist attractions, whether you wish to go for an excursion trip, a honeymoon, or a pilgrimage. Here we have listed some of the top places that you must add to your bucket list.
Must Visit Summer Vacation Destinations in India –
1. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
If you are someone who gets fascinated with the beauty of nature, Manali is one of the must-visit hill stations in India. At this summer retreat, you can do a number of exciting activities like paragliding, skiing, and river rafting to give an adrenaline boost to the adventure-lover in you. A perfect choice to witness some of the picturesque sights of the hills covered with snow, Manali fits the choice of budget tourists as well as luxury travellers.
How to Reach Manali?
- By Air: Reaching Manali by air is easy. It is located at about 50 km. away from Bhuntar Airport. Most of the reputed airlines serve this airport. You can book tickets at discounted prices from Goibibo, ClearTrip or MakeMyTrip and save on your flight booking.
- By Bus: It is easy to reach Manali through the bus as it is connected through roadways with popular places like Shimla, Chandigarh, and New Delhi.
Plan your itinerary by browsing through some of the best offers from top sites like MakeMyTrip, EaseMyTrip and avail exciting offers and discounts.
2. Darjeeling, West Bengal
A perfect destination to explore with your friends, Darjeeling is one of the top 5 highest peaks in the world. It offers tourists a charming view of the breathtaking beauty of nature. The fauna of this place is flourished with more than 500 varieties of myriad orchids. Get on a journey full of adventure and experience the joy of trekking at Sandakphu.
How to Reach Darjeeling?
- By Air: Located at a distance of 95 km. from Darjeeling, Bagdogra airport is the nearest to the city. Book your flights directly from any part of the country at discounted prices through sites like Goibibo.
- By Train: Connecting Darjeeling with most of the big cities of the country, New Jalpaiguri is the closest railway station. You can hire private cabs like Ola and Uber to reach your destination from there.
- By Bus: Buses are a convenient way to reach Darjeeling as it is connected by means of the road to cities like Kolkata, Kalimpong, and Gangtok. You can save on your bus bookings with interesting offers at Redbus.
3. Triund, Himachal Pradesh
Triund, with its roots in the Lesser Himalayas, is a perfect example of the magnificent beauty of nature. Also known as the crown jewel of Dharamshala, this lovely hill station situated in the Kangra district is a paradise for the nature lovers. With a lot of exciting activities like camping and trekking, it takes you on an adventurous experience like never before away from all the hustle of the city.
How to Reach Triund?
- By Air: Kangra Airport is the nearest to Triund, from where you can hire a bus or a taxi to reach the beautiful place. A lot of offers and discounts are available when you book your tickets from sites like Paytm.
- By Bus: With a small distance of just 9 km. from McLeodganj, and 17 km. from Dharamshala, a lot of bus options are available to reach Triund.
- By Train: Pathankot, which is located at a distance of around 91 km. from Triund is the nearest railway station. Buses and cabs can be hired to reach Triund from Pathankot railway station.
4. Leh, Jammu and Kashmir
A road trip to Leh with their best friends is one of the dreams of so many young travellers. This stunning place is located in Jammu and Kashmir, which is also known as heaven on earth. It is full of breathtaking views and picturesque mountains. Popular for its Buddhist sites and trekking areas, Leh is definitely a place that you will fall in love with. Some of the top places to explore in Leh include Nubra Valley, Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, etc.
How to Reach Leh?
- By Air: Flights to the Leh airport can be booked from most of the cities in India throughout the year. Get to your hotel or resort by booking a taxi from the airport.
- By Bus: It is always an adventurous journey to reach Leh via bus due to the geographical conditions of the place. Get an unforgettable travel experience by booking a bus from Srinagar, Manali, or New Delhi through Redbus.
- By Train: Chandigarh, Pathankot, and Kalka are some of the railway stations located near Leh where you can reach via train from most of the Indian cities.
5. Gokarna, Karnataka
If you are a beach lover, Gokarna is a paradise which you should definitely explore. A popular tourist attraction for Indians as well as foreigners in the southern part of the country, Gokarna is home to some of the most beautiful and exotic beaches in India. Experience the serenity of nature and get immersed in the picturesque sights of the sea at Gokarna. Not only for the beaches, but this town is also popular among the pilgrims for the holy sites like Mahabaleshwar temple.
How to Reach Gokarna?
- By Air: Located at a distance of 140 km, Dabolim airport in Goa is the nearest to Gokarna. A lot of domestic and international flights from various cities serve this airport. Easy booking options are available at sites like MakeMyTrip and Goibibo with interesting discounts and offers.
- By Bus: Gokarna is connected with most of the cities of Karnataka like Bangalore and Mangalore by the means of the road. You can also reach here from the cities of Goa easily by booking a bus from Redbus.
- By Train: With Ankola Railway station at a distance of around 20 km. from Gokarna, reaching here via train is easy as there are many taxi options available from the station.
6. Kovalam Beach, Kerela
Located along the Malabar Coast at a distance of 16 km. from Trivandrum, this place is a combination of three beaches – the Hawa beach, the Samudra beach, and the Lighthouse beach. These white sandy beaches are sure to mesmerize you with the lovely scenic views they offer. Explore the history and culture of the city by visiting the museums and mosques.
How to Reach Kovalam?
- By Air: Travelling to Kovalam by air is easy as it is located just at a distance of 15 km. from the Trivandrum International Airport. Flights are available to this airport from most of the Indian cities connected by airports.
- By Bus: If you are looking for a pocket-friendly travel option, buses can be the ideal choice for you. You can hire buses at affordable rates from Redbus to reach Kovalam from cities like Trivandrum, Bangalore, and Chennai.
- By Train: The nearest railway station at a distance of 15 km. from Kovalam is Trivandrum Central railway station.
7. Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
A lovely hill station in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, Kasol is the perfect destination to explore with friends during the summer vacation. Popularly known for its hot springs, it allows you to relax your mind and body and get immersed in the tranquillity of the mountains. It is one of the great sites for trekking adventures as well. Whether you want to go camping on the hills or you wish to stay at a comfy hotel, Kasol is an all-in-one destination to fulfil all your travel fantasies.
How to Reach Kasol?
- By Air: The Bhuntar Airport also popular as the Kullu Manali Airport is the nearest airport to Kasol where you can easily reach through the major cities of the country. Flights are available at cheaper rates at sites like ClearTrip and Ixigo.
- By Bus: Visiting Kasol via bus is a hassle-free experience, thanks to its great connectivity with the nearby cities. It is easily accessible through the NH-3 highway. Get an amazing experience while travelling to Kasol in luxury buses.
- By Train: As there is no railway station of Kasol, you can reach Joginder Nagar railway station located at a distance of around 144 km. from Kasol. Cabs and taxi services can be easily booked from Joginder Nagar Railway Station through which you can reach Kasol in around 4 to 5 hours.
8. Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir
Also known as the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, Srinagar is one of the most popular holiday destinations among people of all age groups. You can explore this beautiful city by enjoying the Shikara rides, and mesmerizing yourself with the floating gardens. With a great history, this place has been a center of attraction for the tourists.
Experience the serenity of Srinagar by visiting Dal Lake. Get amazed with the picturesque sights at Dachigam National Park. If you like bird watching, Hokersar is a place you should definitely visit here. Get a whole new experience of shopping in the floating markets of Srinagar.
How to Reach Srinagar?
- By Air: The Srinagar Airport connects the city with almost all the major airports in India.
- By Bus: Srinagar is connected via road to cities like Chandigarh and Delhi. You can reach this place by hiring buses at cost-effective prices from sites like Redbus.
- By Train: Srinagar is closest to the Udhampur railway station at a distance of 229 km. from it. The construction of Srinagar railway station is going on.
- By Air: For reaching Nainital through airways, you need to arrive at the Pantnagar Airport which is 65 km. away from Nainital.
- By Bus: Having great road connectivity with most of the north Indian cities like Delhi and Kathgodam, Nainital is easy to reach via a bus. You can choose from the various bus options available like A.C. and non-A.C.
- By Train: At a distance of 34 km from the lovely city, Kathgodam railway station serves trains from the major railway stations in India. From the station, you can hire a bus or a taxi for Nainital.
- By Air: With Cochin International Airport at a distance of 125 km., Munnar can easily be reached by the means of air.
- By Bus: Bus services to Munnar are available at affordable prices from most of the cities of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. You can hire a bus from the Kerala State Transport Corporation or from private bus service providers like Redbus.
- By Train: The railway station nearest to Munnar is the Aluva railway station. It is located 110 km. away. You can reach this place by booking a bus to Munnar from the railway station.
9. Nainital, Uttarakhand
At an altitude of 1938 meters from the sea level, Nainital is one of those places that give you an unforgettable experience when you visit them. This hill station in the valleys of Uttarakhand is known for its magnificent lakes and picturesque forests. The most popular attractions among the tourists are the Naina Devi Temple and the Naini Lake. You can also explore places like Raj Bhavan, Nainital Zoo, and Tiffin Top.
How to Reach Nainital?
10. Munnar, Kerala
Popularly known for its beautiful hills covered with tea plantations, Munnar is a place which you will fall in love with if you are a travelling enthusiast. With its healthy and green environment, it is an ideal place to spend your vacations. You can enjoy plenty of exciting activities here like trekking, mountain biking, and elephant safari. For one of its kind experience, you can also stay in a tree house in Munnar.
How to Reach Munnar?
After going through the above list of travel destinations which you can visit in your summer vacations, we hope that you are now excited to explore these places. And if you can save some money during your trip with the help of some exciting deals and offers, it just makes your travel experience more joyous and exciting.
So pack your bags today and embark on your journey to these lovely tourist attractions. With a lot of websites offering tour packages, enjoy your trip in a seamless manner and experience the joy of travelling.